- 3 cups leftover mashed potato or sweet potato, chilled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or any choice of cheese that can substitute cheddar cheese)
- ½ lbs frozen cauliflower florets
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- Allow the cauliflower florets to thaw, then chop them into very small pieces. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Placed the chilled left over mashed potato in a large bowl along with chopped cauliflower, shredded cheese, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt. Stir until everything is evenly combined. Taste the mixture and adjust the salt or spices if needed.
- Briefly whisk the egg in a small bowl, then add it to the mashed potato mixture. Stir until it is fully incorporated into the mashed potatoes. The mixture will be wet but not very sticky.
- Place the mixture in a baking pan. Baked it for 15-20 mins or more until you achieve the golden brown color on top.
- Serve immediately after baking. Enjoy!