I always recommend using organic ingredients whenever they are available to you.
FOR THE SWEET POTATO BURGERS:
- 2 cups sweet potato steamed cubes
- 1 cup packed grated carrots
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons dry parsley
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons ground sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam or your personal choice of jam
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
FOR THE SANDWICH SPREAD:
- 2.8 ounces tofu
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic flakes
- A pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 1 dropper orange stevia or orange juice to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- A few splashes of tabasco sauce
TO MAKE THE BURGERS:
- Blend all ingredients except flour until smooth.
- Add to bowl with flour and seeds and mix til well combined.
- Chill 1 hour, then preheat oven to 355°F and line a baking tray.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, turning halfway.
TO MAKE THE SANDWICH SPREAD:
- Blend until smooth, then store in the refrigerator.