Always use organic when possible.
- 8 portobello mushrooms, cleaned, gills removed, stems removed
- 4 Tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 2 medium red bell pepper, cleaned, diced
- 1 3/4 lbs frozen corn, thawed
- 4 cups zucchini, diced
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large grill pan over medium-high heat, add 2 Tbsp of the avocado oil.
- Clean and remove gills of mushrooms.
- Season mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mushrooms on grill. Gill side down.
- Gently flatten mushroom cap with a spatula.
- Grill and mushroom should soften a being to brown. About 2-3 minutes.
- Turn mushrooms over and continue to grill.
- Mushrooms should become fork tender. About 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from grill. Set aside.
- In a saute pan over medium-high heat, add remaining avocado oil and heat.
- Add garlic and red bell pepper and cook. Stir occasionally. About 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and combine well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add corn. Combine well and heat completely through. About 1-2 minutes.
- Place grilled mushrooms on plate – gill side up. Spoon sauteed vegetables into mushroom caps.
- Serve hot.