(WXYZ) – I’m so excited to share that my book is going to be officially released tomorrow. I’ve poured my life’s work, medical knowledge and the latest research into it. It’s called “Ask Dr. Nandi: 5 Steps to Becoming Your Own #HealthHero for Longevity, Well-being and a Joyful Life.” I’ve always had a passion to help people.
I want you to become your own health hero. And this book teaches how to live a fulfilled and healthy life.
It’s all about advocating. Advocating for yourself and for your loved ones. Now that may not sound sexy but let me explain the importance of this. When you gain knowledge, you build up confidence and feel empowered to take ownership of your own health choices. That could be changing what you eat or getting more exercise. And when life takes a rotten turn and suddenly you or a loved one is faced with disease and tough decisions, you can advocate for what’s best in those situations.
1. You need to find your Purpose in Life. Why? Because it can add 7 YEARS to your life and cut your Alzheimer’s risk by 52%.
2. Learn and follow my #HealthHero Nutrition Plan as the right foods are medicine. Eating nutritious foods will nurture your body. And my book lists off a whole heap of them.
3. Everyone needs movement. The #HealthHero Movement Plan involves 30 minutes of exercise a day. Simply put – you can reduce your risk of 13 Cancers.
4. Everyone needs a Tribe. Whether it’s family, friends, or co-workers – the people in your life who lift you up will extend your life.
5. And my last step is Cultivating the Mind of the #HealthHero. You need spirituality whether it’s religion, meditation, yoga or prayer. It lowers stress and helps decrease mortality by 18%.
Life is not about having six-pack abs or a thin beach body. Yes, if you’re overweight you’ll lose weight following my plan. But I don’t believe in deprivation, counting calories or starving yourself. It’s about embracing who you are, making changes so you can feel your best, wake up energized and live a healthy, purpose-filled life. Click here to pre-order a copy of the book today!
Copyright 2017 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.