Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
ACORN SQUASH SCRAMBLE
- 1– tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cooked acorn squash (see directions below for baking)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup spinach
To cook an acorn squash (can be done the night before): Preheat the oven to 400°. Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with foil or parchment paper. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place cut side down on the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the skin gives a little when you poke it from the top.
1. Scramble eggs lightly adding spinach and sharp cheddar cheese in the last 3 minutes of cooking.
2. Cover the pan with eggs to let the steam melt the cheese and wilt the spinach.
3. Scoop egg mixture into the squash, using the squash as a bowl.
4. Sprinkle a little more sharp cheddar over the top and enjoy!
SPICY CHEDDAR KALE CHIPS
- 2 bunches of kale, washed, dried, stems removed and torn into medium sized pieces
- 1 cup sharp cheddar (1/2 cup per bunch)
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- baking pan
- aluminum foil
- large Bowl
- Preheat oven to 400 degree.
- In a large bowl toss kale and olive oil until all pieces are coated.
- Lay kale onto baking pans covered with foil. Be sure that all pieces create an even layer.
- Mix remaining spices together in a small container.
- Sprinkle kale with combined spices.
- Add sharp cheddar to kale chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chips have a crispy and crunchy texture.
TOMATO BASIL SOUP
- 8 large tomatoes – peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 14 leaves fresh basil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup garlic
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- Medium stock pot
- Boil tomatoes until soft – about 20 minutes
- Transfer boiled tomatoes into blender and blend until mostly smooth (you may want more texture in your tomatoes, if blend for less time leaving a chunky consistency).
- Return blended tomatoes to the stock pot and whisk in heavy whipping cream and almond milk.
- Whisk in tomato paste.
- Add basil, spices and salt and pepper.
- Simmer on medium-low heat for 1 hr.
- Stir in butter before serving.