Almond Nutmeg Cookies
Nutmeg is a spice that reminds most people of the holidays but did you know that it also has a host of health benefits? Adding nutmeg into your diet can help your heart, your skin and may treat insomnia. Why not boost the flavor of your food with nutmeg and be your own Health Hero!
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Yield: Serves 24 1x
3 3/4 cups gluten-free oats
9 Tbsp ground almonds
9 Tbsp desiccated coconut
6 Tbsp raisins
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
1 large banana, peeled
3 Tbsp tahini
9 Tbsp coconut oil
6 Tbsp pure maple syrup
3 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients.
- Combine well.
- In a small bowl, mash banana with fork.
- Add to large bowl and mix roughly.
- In the middle of mixture, make a small well and add all wet ingredients.
- Combine well with a spoon. No lumps of tahini or banana.
- Scoop out mixture and flatten to 1/3 to 1/2 of an inch thick.
- On an oiled baking sheet, carefully place “discs” on.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. The top of the cookie will turn to a light tan.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.