Artichoke and Kale Dip
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Yield: Serves 8 1x
2 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 shallot, chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
6 oz. chopped kale, remove ribs
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 1/4 cups Greek yogurt
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1 1/4 cups artichoke hearts, canned and chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup of water chestnuts, diced
1 1/2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 tsp dry mustard
1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp ground ginger
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook shallots and garlic until they start to turn tender. About 1 minute.
- Add kale and continue to cook. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cover pan, kale will wilt and liquid will be gone from pan. About 1-2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Removed pan from stove and allow to cool. About 5-7 minutes.
- Place mixture in food processor, pulse 3 to 5 times and set aside. Keep a careful eye on food processor to get desired texture you want for dip.
- Combine kale mixture with remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir together until dip is well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate.