Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
3 cups leftover mashed potato or sweet potato, chilled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or any choice of cheese that can substitute cheddar cheese)
½ lbs. frozen cauliflower florets
¼ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp smoked paprika
¼ tsp salt
1 large egg
- Allow cauliflower florets to thaw, then chop them into very small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Placed chilled left over mashed potato in a large bowl along with chopped cauliflower, shredded cheese, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt. Stir until everything is evenly combined. Taste mixture and adjust salt or spices if needed.
- Briefly whisk the egg in a small bowl, then add it to mashed potato mixture. Stir until it is fully incorporated into mashed potatoes. The mixture will be wet but not very sticky.
- Place mixture in a baking pan. Baked it for 15-20 mins or more until you achieve the golden brown color on top.
- Serve immediately after baking. Enjoy!