Dr. Nandi’s Beautiful and Healthy Beet Quinoa Salad fit for any Health HERO!
- salt, to taste
- 2 boiled & cubed chicken breast
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium beets boiled, peeled & diced
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup cooked edamame
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Boil chicken breast in a medium saucepan until fully cooked. Allow to cool & cube, place in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, place in the dry quinoa with the water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10-15 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy.
- Boil whole beets for 45 minutes, run with cool water and peel with your hands. Peels should slide right off. Dice the beets.
- Place the cubed chicken, beats & quinoa into a large mixing bowl with the cilantro, tomato, edamame, celery, feta, apple cider vinegar and lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss everything to combine thoroughly. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!
- Can be served warm or chilled.