Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
1/2 cup quinoa
2 Tbsp avocado oil
1 brick tofu, firm
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1 1/3 green onions, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 1/2 cups spinach
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 medium yellow potatoes
1/3 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
1 lemon, quartered
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cook quinoa to package directions.
- Set aside.
- Using a paper towel, pat dry tofu brick to remove excess moisture.
- Crumble tofu into small pieces and set aside in a bowl.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add 1 Tbsp avocado oil.
- Add green onion, tofu, turmeric, garlic powder, chilli powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and stir constantly.
- Add red pepper and spinach to skillet.
- Stir to combine thoroughly and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Grate potatoes and slice onions.
- Pat dry with paper towel.
- In a large bowl, mix potatoes, onion, avocado oil, salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Using a parchment lined baking sheet, place 4 equal sized potato mixture patties on it.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Flip patties over.
- Bake for another 10-12 minutes.
- Using 4 serving bowls, place quinoa on bottom, add tofu scramble and top with hash brown patty.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedge.