Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
My kids love this Cream of Chicken Soup as much as my wife and I do. It’s perfect for a cold or rainy day. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
1 medium leek, sliced into rings
1 medium carrot, sliced finely
2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced or shredded depending on texture you are looking for
3 garlic cloves, minced finely
1 Tbsp tapioca starch or cassava starch (Cassava starch is less processed)
4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
1 cup water
1/2 cup coconut milk
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat coconut oil over medium high heat and add leeks to saucepan.
- Cook leeks until they are soft, stir occasionally. (about 10-12 minutes)
- Season leeks with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- In saucepan, add water and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and add carrots.
- Simmer stock and carrots.
- Stir carrots and simmer until they soften. (about 12-15 minutes)
- Add chicken and coconut milk.
- Thoroughly warm soup.
- Now it gets a bit tricky but it will be well worth it.
- Slowly add tapioca or cassava starch into saucepan and make sure you keep stirring. Liquid should be warm but not hot.
- Continue to add starch until you reach desired consistency.
- Add more salt and pepper to your desired taste.
- Serve hot.