Always use organic when possible
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted, divided (vegan option available)
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 1/2 rutabaga, peeled
- 1 1/2 turnip, peeled
- 9 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme sprigs, garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a large cast-iron skillet, add 3 Tbsp of melted butter and coat bottom.
- Slice potatoes, turnip, and rutabaga into 1/8 inch thick round pieces.
- Set aside.
- Peel and smash garlic.
- In a skillet, place the sliced vegetables in sections.
- Add garlic in between slices of vegetables. You don’t have to have garlic in between every piece.
- Brush vegetables with remaining melted butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place skillet in oven and bake.
- Vegetables should be tender and turn golden brown. About 90 – 105 minutes.
- Garnish with thyme.
- Serve warm.