Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups beef or vegetable broth
1 medium russet potato, peeled and diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 cups beets, steamed and cubed
2 tsp red wine vinegar
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown. About 4 minutes.
- Add broth, potato, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until the potato is just tender. About 8 minutes.
- Add beets and vinegar then return to a boil. Cover and continue cooking until the broth is deep red and the potato is very soft. About 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Combine sour cream and horseradish in a small bowl.
- Serve soup with a dollop of the horseradish sour cream and a sprinkle of parsley.
The Health Benefits of Potatoes
Find out why adding Potatoes to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Potatoes.