Cinnamon Surprise Breakfast Muffins
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
2 cups and 2 Tbsp oat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp pink salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/2 cup chopped apples
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 shot freshly brewed espresso
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Grease a muffin tin with butter.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon to a large mixing bowl and stir well.
- In a blender, add the oat flour, apple cider vinegar, espresso, melted vegan butter and sugar.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour wet mixture into the mixing bowl and stir until batter forms.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins and top each muffin with the cinnamon-sugar sprinkle – generous amounts.
- Bake at 400 F for 12 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 and bake another 8 minutes.
- Serve warm.
The Health Benefits of Cinnamon
Find out why adding Cinnamon to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Cinnamon.