Curry and Coconut Chicken Soup
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
4 cups water
3 cups fresh spinach leaves
1/2 lb. snow peas, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
1 package pad thai noodles
1 Tbsp avocado oil
1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
2 tsp red curry paste
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground coriander
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups fat-free chicken broth
1 can light coconut milk
2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp fish sauce
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
4 small hot red chilis, seeded and chopped, or 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
7 lime wedges
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add spinach and peas to pan, cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove vegetables from pan with a slotted spoon and place in a large bowl.
- Add noodles to pan and cook 3 minutes.
- Drain; add noodles to spinach mixture in bowl.
- Heat avocado oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and the next 5 ingredients (through garlic) to pan and sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth to pan, and bring to a boil.
- Add coconut milk to pan and reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, onions, sugar, and fish sauce to pan and cook for 2 minutes.
The Health Benefits of Spinach
Find out why adding Spinach to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Spinach.