Taste of the Far East
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
2 Tbsp avocado oil
2 onions, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp fresh ginger root, finely chopped
6 whole cloves
2 sticks cinnamon, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
Salt to taste
1 tsp cayenne pepper
30 oz. garbanzo beans
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, and fry onions until tender.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, salt, cayenne, and turmeric.
- Cook for 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Mix in garbanzo beans and their liquid.
- Continue to cook and stir until all ingredients are well blended and heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in basmati rice if desired and garnish with cilantro just before serving.
The Health Benefits of Onions
Find out why adding Onions to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Onions.