- About 2 lbs of salmon meat
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons minced fresh rosemary (about 1 large sprig)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Cut the salmon into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, soy sauce, chili flakes, minced garlic, black pepper, and minced rosemary. Whisk to combine.
- Place the cubes of salmon into a large zip-top plastic bag. Pour in marinade, close up the top of the bag, and allow the salmon to marinate for 1 to 4 hours.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and allow it to drain well.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the remaining oil and cook the salmon until it’s done to your liking.
- Because of the sugars from the honey in the marinade, the steak may brown faster than you’re used to. Make sure to keep a close eye on it so that it does not burn.