Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
3 lbs. salmon
Kosher salt and black pepper
1/3 cup walnut halves
2 cups basil
2 cups parsley
2 cloves garlic
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Lemon slices, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, fry salmon with salt and pepper. Place onto a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a pesto. Put walnuts, basil, parsley and garlic into a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Run the food processor and stream in lemon juice and ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape pesto into a large mixing bowl.
- After 25 minutes, remove salmon from the oven and place them into bowl with the pesto. Toss them to coat and put them back onto the baking sheet, spreading any remaining pesto on top of the salmon.
- Return to the oven for 15-20 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool a bit and serve with slices of lemon.
The Health Benefits of Basil
Find out why adding Basil to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Basil.