Salmon Potato Pancakes
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 tsp freshly grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1 egg white, beaten
1/2 small yellow onion, minced
2 Tbsp safflower oil, divided
1/4 lb. thinly sliced smoked salmon, torn into bite-sized pieces
2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 F and place a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Add sour cream, lemon rind and 1/4 tsp black pepper in a small bowl.
- Cover bowl and chill.
- Add potatoes, flour, baking powder, 1/4 tsp pepper, egg, egg white and onion in a medium bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 1/2 tsp safflower oil, and make sure that the skillet is coated.
- Scoop roughly 1 1/2 Tbsp potato batter per pancake onto hot pan. It should make 8 pancakes and flatten each slightly.
- Cook pancakes for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Place pancakes on baking sheet; place in oven to keep warm.
- Repeat procedure in 3 more batches with remaining oil and remaining potato batter.
- Top pancakes with sour cream mixture, salmon, and chives.
The Health Benefits of Potatoes
Find out why adding Potatoes to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Potatoes.