Taste of Vietnam Leftover Sandwich
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
3 cups cabbage, finely shredded
1/2 cup carrots, finely shredded
1/2 cup rice vinegar, divided
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/3 cup green onions, thickly sliced, make sure you keep the tops
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
3 tsp garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
4 cups shredded cooked turkey (dark meat is best for this sandwich)
4 long rolls
4 tsp Asian chili paste
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- In a medium bowl, mix cabbage and carrots with 1/4 cup rice vinegar, salt, and sugar.
- Set aside and let stand about 30 minutes.
- In a blender or a food processor, add remaining 1/4 cup of rice vinegar along with green onions, lime juice, ginger, garlic and five-spice powder.
- The mixture should become smooth after being blended or whirled
- Pour mixture into a bowl and add turkey.
- Mix to coat.
- Split long rolls lengthwise. Leave attached at one side
- Spread 1 tsp chili paste on one cut side of each roll.
- Mound turkey mixture on top and then place cabbage mixture and cilantro leaves.
The Health Benefits of Cabbage
Find out why adding Cabbage to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Cabbage.