Turkey Bacon and Veggie Frittata
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
1/4 lb. turkey bacon, diced
2 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced into cubes
2 large carrots, peeled and diced into cubes
1 whole broccoli cut into small pieces
10 large eggs
1 Tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp cream fraiche
1/2 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cook turkey bacon in a 12-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once the bacon begins to tender and starts to get crispy, add potatoes, carrots and broccoli.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes or until veggies begin to brown and crisp on the edges.
- Reduce to a medium-low heat. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- While veggies are cooking, whip eggs with Dijon, crème fraiche, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over veggies and stir to incorporate. Allow cooking over the stove for a few minutes, stirring
- When eggs begin to curdle, top with cheese and transfer to oven.
- Allow to bake for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are set and don’t jiggle when the pan is shaken.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Invert onto a plate and slice.
The Health Benefits of Broccoli
Find out why adding Broccoli to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Broccoli.