Black Bean Burgers
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Cayenne, salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pulse beans in a food processor until mashed well or alternatively, mash with a fork.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and combine with cilantro and spices.
- Add oats as necessary until the mixture can be handled and isn’t terribly sticky, about 1/4 cup.
- If after 1/4 cup if it’s still too sticky, refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Shape mixture into 3 patties. Lightly spray with cooking spray (optional) and bake 7 minutes.
- Flip and re-spray (optional) and bake another 7 to 10 minutes until thoroughly warm and crisp on the outside.
- Serve immediately.
The Health Benefits of Cumin
Find out why adding Cumin to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Cumin.