In honor of Dr. Partha Nandi’s father, Uma, who was the inspiration behind the Health Hero movement, a fund has been created to support stroke research and treatment.
Dr. Uma Nandi was a brilliant polymer chemist, father, husband and son. Dr. Nandi held several patents for his pioneering work. He was also an amazing cook and singer, a true Renaissance man! He had a devastating stroke over 9 years ago which changed his life forever.
Without the love and advocacy of his family, and the ground breaking treatment facilities available to him, Uma would not have lived to see the birth of his grandsons and the love of his community.
WHAT IS A STROKE?
- A stroke occurs when oxygen-rich blood flow to the brain is interrupted by a broken blood vessel or blood clot
- Stroke is the 5th leading cause of death in the US
- On average every 40 seconds someone in the US has a stroke
- Approximately 800,000 people will be affected each year
- Currently there are over 7 million stroke survivors
- Strokes can happen to anyone at any age
Ask Dr. Nandi Charities is a 501c3, EIN# 45-3850791