Always use organic when possible.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/3 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, bring the water to a boil.
- Rinse the quinoa and add to boiling water.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer for 12-15 minutes. All water should be absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Fluff with a fork.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add avocado oil.
- Add onions and cook until tender and fragrant. About 5-7 minutes.
- Add peas and stir well.
- Allow peas to be heated through. About 2-4 minutes.
- Add quinoa, salt, pepper and stir well to combine.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Serve warm.