Golden Crisp Sweet Potatoes
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
2 lbs. sweet potato, cut into 2-inch chunks
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4–6 sage leaves
2–3 sprigs thyme
Lemon, for zesting
Kosher salt, to taste
- Bring medium pot of water to a boil. Salt the water.
- Add sweet potatoes and boil for 10 minutes until just tender but not completely soft.
- Immediately strain. Put potatoes on a paper towel lined baking sheet to dry.
- Add oil to a large pan, sauté over low heat.
- Once oil is hot, add sage leaves and thyme. Allow to float in extra virgin olive oil for a few minutes to scent oil.
- Remove herbs and reserve.
- Raise heat to high.
- Once oil is hot, add dry sweet potatoes and sear them on each side until golden brown.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and sprinkle some crispy herbs over top along with a sprinkle of lemon zest.
The Health Benefits of Lemon
Find out why adding Lemon to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Lemon.