Green Banana Breakfast
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
6 Tbsp avocado oil
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
2 large green bananas, peeled, halved lengthwise
4 large eggs
2 1/2 cups small plum tomatoes, halved
2 1/2 cups cabbage, cooked, tough stalks removed
1 tsp ground nutmeg
4 oz. pancetta (optional)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a pan over medium heat add pancetta and cook for 5 minutes. Remove it from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Using oil from the pancetta, add in raw cabbage and cook for 10-12 minutes to soften the cabbage.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If you are not using pancetta, substitute avocado oil for the pan.
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat up 4 Tbsp avocado oil.
- Add mushrooms and bananas.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Clear a space in middle of the pan, add more oil and add the eggs sunny side up.
- Add cabbage, tomatoes and nutmeg around the eggs. If using pancetta, scatter it on top.
- Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Egg yolks should be a bit runny.