Herb Fried Tomatoes
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
6 Tbsp dried basil
6 Tbsp dried thyme
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp white pepper
12 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- In a medium bowl, mix basil, thyme, salt and pepper together.
- Add 9 Tbsp of olive oil and stir. It will become paste like.
- Spread paste on cut sides of tomato halves.
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, add remaining extra virgin olive oil.
- Place tomatoes herb side down and cover. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Tomatoes should be heated all the way through but not stewed.
- Eat hot.
Boosting the Health Benefits of Tomatoes
Find out how to boost the benefits Tomatoes in your diet to help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about Powering Up the Cancer Fighting Benefits of Tomatoes.