Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
2 lbs. salmon
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup honey
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp crushed chili flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp minced fresh rosemary (about 1 large sprig)
Salt to taste
- Cut salmon into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, soy sauce, chili flakes, minced garlic, black pepper, and minced rosemary. Whisk to combine.
- Place cubes of salmon into a large zip-top plastic bag. Pour in marinade, close up the top of the bag, and allow salmon to marinate for 1 to 4 hours.
- Remove salmon from marinade and allow it to drain well.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add remaining oil and cook salmon until it’s done to your liking.
- Because of sugars from honey in the marinade, steak may brown faster than you’re used to. Make sure to keep a close eye on it so that it does not burn.