Kumquats add a delicious sweet and sour punch to your salad, plus they are great for your health. Kumquats can help with your blood pressure, strengthen your immune system and add more minerals to your diet.
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
10 oz. kale or arugula
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, squeezed
1/2 tsp salt
5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 tsp pure maple syrup
2 Tbsp Medjool dates, chopped
6–7 kumquats, sliced thinly, seeded
3 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup lightly roast pistachios
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Tear leaves away from stalks with kale.
- Slice leaves into thin ribbons.
- Slice the stalks of kale into small pieces. Discard tougher stems.
- In a large bowl, mix leaves and stems.
- Add lemon juice and salt and combine well.
- Set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, add extra virgin olive oil and maple syrup and combine.
- Add chopped dates and mix to disperse evenly.
- Stir in onion and set aside.
- Toss leaves and stems with extra virgin olive oil and maple dressing. Top with kumquats and pistachios.
- Season to taste with black pepper.