Mango and Coconut Scones with Mango Compote
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
1 3/4 cups, plus 3/4 Tbsp self-raising flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup vegan butter
1 3/4 Tbsp caster sugar/superfine sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 1/4 cups ripe mango, frozen or fresh
Coconut yogurt (to serve with)
1/3 cup, plus 2 Tbsp milk
1 1/4 cups ripe mango
2 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp corn flour
1 Tbsp water/lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl and rub in butter with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sugar, salt, coconut, and mangoes. Add milk and mix to make a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead very lightly.
- Roll dough into two circles and transfer onto a baking tray. Cut each circle into four.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until well risen and golden around edges, then leave to cool.
- Place all compote ingredients in a small saucepan over a low heat. Squash most mangoes with the back of your spoon to release juices and stir until thickened.
- Serve scones with coconut yogurt and mango compote.
The Health Benefits of Milk
Find out why adding Milk to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Milk.