Did you know that mashed rutabaga can take the place of mashed potatoes? Mashed rutabaga can add more fiber to your diet, as well as helping to lower your blood pressure. Why not add some rutabaga to your diet today?
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Yield: Serves 6-8 1x
4 lbs. rutabaga, peeled, diced into small cubes
1/2 cup salted vegan butter
3 Tbsp brown sugar
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium high heat, add rutabaga and bring salted water to a boil.
- Reduce heat and boil for 40-50 minutes.
- Rutabaga should be easily pierced with fork.
- Drain pot.
- Add butter and sugar; combine well.
- Mash rutabaga and combine again.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.