Peanut Chicken and Sticky Rice
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
2/3 cup warm water
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
Kosher salt and black pepper
2 scallions, roughly chopped (white and green parts)
2 carrots, peeled and julienned
2 celery, julienned
1 cup frozen peas
Handful cilantro, chopped
Sticky rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar and ginger. Add hot water and mix with a fork until smooth.
- Heat a large sauté pan over high heat. Add oil. Once oil is hot, add chicken, season it with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally.
- Once chicken is seared, about 5-6 minutes, add scallions, carrots, celery and peas. Cook for another minute or two.
- Pour peanut sauce over chicken and vegetables. Turn heat to medium and let simmer for a few minutes until chicken is cooked and peanut sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and add chopped cilantro.
- Serve over sticky rice and garnish with peanuts.
The Health Benefits of Peas
Find out why adding Peas to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Peas.