Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
4 slices rye bread (gluten-free sub: gluten-free rye)
2 avocados, peeled, pitted, sliced
2 medium beets
5 radish, trimmed, sliced
1 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt (dairy-free sub: almond or soy-based yogurt)
2 tsp tahini
3 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Peel and cube beets.
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil and place on baking tray.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes. Beets will soften.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- In a food processor, add beets, yogurt, tahini, garlic salt and pepper.
- Process until a fairly smooth texture. Some bigger pieces add texture.
- Lightly toast rye bread.
- Lay down radish slices.
- Spread beet mash over bread and radish.
- Place a layer of sliced avocado on top of beet mash.
- Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper on top.