Salmon & Egg Frittata
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
1 large baking potato
6 large eggs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup fresh button mushrooms, chopped
1/4–1/2 lb. smoked salmon
1 tomato, sliced
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add potato and cook until tender but still firm. About 15 minutes.
- Drain, cool, peel and slice.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat together eggs, salt, pepper and parsley.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion and green pepper until soft, then stir in mushrooms.
- When mushrooms start to shrink, add salmon, potato and tomato slices.
- Pour in egg mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of eggs and place skillet in preheated oven.
- Bake until eggs are firm. About 10 to 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool briefly before serving.
The Health Benefits of Potatoes
Find out why adding Potatoes to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Potatoes.