Tuna Salsa Casserole
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
1 cup uncooked brown or red rice, rinsed
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
16 oz. jar salsa
1 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 large tuna belly (about 1–1/2 lbs.), thawed
1 cup shredded cheese blend
2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In an 8-inch-by-8-inch baking dish, add rice, black beans, corn, salsa, chicken broth, chili powder and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Cut tuna into 3 pieces and submerge into liquid in the baking dish as far as possible.
- Cover casserole dish tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and bake just until cheese has melted.
- Top with green onions and serve.
The Health Benefits of Onions
Find out why adding Onions to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Onions.