Vegan Deviled Potatoes
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Yield: Serves 12 1x
6 small baby gold potatoes
8 oz. chickpeas
2 Tbsp chickpea bean juice
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/6 tsp turmeric
1/6 tsp onion powder
1/6 tsp ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Pinch of paprika for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
- On a cookie sheet, lay potatoes cut side up.
- Bake for 37-40 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking you can make filling.
- Drain chickpeas and save juice.
- Rinse chickpeas.
- In a food processor, add chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, mustard and spices.
- Pulse to combine well.
- Add chickpea juice slowly until desired consistency.
- Add more lemon juice and mustard if necessary.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When potatoes are done, remove from oven to cool.
- When you can handle the potatoes, scoop out the potatoes and save the flesh.
- Add 2 Tbsp of scooped out potato to food processor.
- Pulse until well combined.
- Using a pastry bag, fill hollowed out potato skins with hummus.
- Garnish with paprika.
- Serve cool.