Watercress is a powerful superfood full of vitamin K, antioxidants to support heart health and lowering your risk of certain chronic diseases. As always, use organic ingredients whenever possible.
4 tsp avocado oil
2 small onions, peeled, chopped
5 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
1 tsp ground fenugreek
4 medium russet potatoes, peeled, diced
4 sprigs fresh thyme
8 cups watercress leaves
8 cups water
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 cup vegan buttermilk (optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add the avocado oil.
- Add onions and saute. About 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and fenugreek. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes, thyme and water.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer. About 20-25 minutes.
- Add watercress leaves. About 3-4 minutes. Watercress should be bright green but wilted.
- Remove thyme.
- In a blender, puree mixture until smooth.
- Stir in buttermilk (optional)
- Warm for 3 minutes but do not boil.
- Serve with watercress sprigs and ground black pepper.