Dr. Nandi’s Indian Lentil/Dal Recipe
- In a medium saucepan, add oil and saute’ cumin seeds and onion.
- Once the onion becomes translucent, add the cumin, turmeric, curry, garam masala, green chili, bay leaf, salt & cayenne pepper.
- Cook the spices for about a minute stirring often until spices become aromatic.
- Add the dal and coat with spices. Add four cups of water to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover for approximately 30 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and freshly diced green chili (optional).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!