Dr. Nandi’s Oatmeal Surprise
Dr. Nandi's Oatmeal Surprise
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 cup fat-free milk divided
- 1 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats Pinch of salt optional
- 1 lg pear or med Granny Smith apple cored and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/4 cup dark or golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Bring water and 1 1/2 cup of the milk to a boil in a large, heavy saucepan over high heat.
- Stir in the oats and salt.
- Reduce heat to simmer for 3 minutes
- Stir often as the oats begin to soften.
- Stir in pear/apple.
- Cover and simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in cranberries and raisins.
- Let stand for 1 minute after removing from heat.
- Place in 4 bowls and sprinkle with equal portions of walnuts and sugar.
- Top with remaining milk.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!