Sake’ & Udon Noodle Salmon
Sake' & Udon Noodle Salmon
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sliced shallot
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 cup sake’
- 2-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 Tbsp Miso Paste
- 1 14 oz can of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup shiitake or crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienne carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced green beans
- 1/2 cup slices green onion
- 4 Kodiak Fish Market Alaskan Sockeye Salmon cut into bite size pieces
- 16 oz fully-cooked udon noodles
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Saute’ shallots & grated ginger in butter until softened. Add Sake’ and cook down until liquid is reduced by about half. Add water, miso and whisk until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, green onion, carrots & green beans and bring to a light boil.
- Meanwhile, rinse fish, cut into pieces and add to the broth for 2 minutes then take off heat and let rest for 5 minutes until salmon is opaque throughout. Add cooked udon noodles and a cup of liquid to each bowl topping with sesame seeds.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!