Sweet Potato No-Skins
SWEET POTATO NO-SKINS
You’ll likely fool your children and spouse into thinking these are regular white potatoes if you purchase light-skinned sweet potatoes. Both versions taste delicious, but if you use the darker sweet potatoes, you might need to increase the cooking time a minute or two.
- 16 oz Light-Skinned Sweet Potatoes Thick & Round Potatoes
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- ⅛ tsp Garlic Powder
- ⅛ tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 02 Low-Fat Shreddded Cheese All Natural (I used Cabot’s 75% Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese)
- 4 tsp Bacon Bits All Natural (I used Wellshire All-Natural Fully Cooked Salt-Cured Bacon Bits)
- 4 tsb Chopped Scallions Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Fat-Free Greek Yogurt Optional
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil.In a large glass or plastic mixing bowl, toss the potatoes and oil together until the potatoes are well coated.Place the potato rounds in a single layer on the prepared pan so they do not touch. Sprinkle the salt, garlic powder, and cayenne evenly over the top of the potatoes. Bake them for 10 minutes. Flip them and bake for 7 to 9 minutes longer, or until they are tender inside and starting to brown lightly on the outside.Push the potato rounds together so that they touch and you can easily top them in a single, even layer. First place the Cheddar, then the bacon bits, and then the scallions over the rounds. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately with 1⁄2 teaspoon of the yogurt on top of each, if desired.
Reprinted from: The Biggest Loser Quick and Easy Cookbook by Devin Alexander (c) 2011 by Universal Studios Licensing LLLP. The Biggest Loser (TM) and NBC Studios, Inc., and Reveille LLC. Permission granted by Rodale, Inc. Available wherever books are sold. Photo Credit: Mitch Mandel Originally posted on www.devinalexander.com Media Personality, Healthy Comfort Food Chef, Weight Loss Expert, and New York Times Bestselling Author, Devin Alexander, is the Chef of NBC’s “The Biggest Loser” and the author of 8 cookbooks including “The Biggest Loser Cookbook” Series and “The Most Decadent Diet Ever”. Devin’s unique approach to healthy cooking and her motivational personal story have landed her regular appearances on talk, news, weight loss and fitness shows for over a decade, making her America’s Go-To Expert for decadence without consequence. Devin has shared her secrets through frequent appearances on The Today Show, Good Morning America, The Biggest Loser, Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, The View, FOX, CNN, and others, and through over 500 magazine features including Prevention, Men’s Health and Shape. She’s coached thousands of pounds off others and has maintained her own 70-pound weight loss for over 20 years. She truly lives and eats her message: you don’t have to deprive yourself to be fit and healthy. For inspirational tips and guilt-free recipes visit her at www.devinalexander.com. Connect with Devon on:
Serving: 1gCalories: 141kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 7gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 283mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!