Spicy Ginger Soda
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
9 cups soda water, divided
1 1/2 cups sugar
6 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/3 tsp kosher salt
18 lime wedges
3 3 inch pieces fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add sugar, salt, ginger, red pepper flakes and 3 cups water.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and allow to steep for 30-35 minutes.
- Strain ginger syrup into airtight glass jar.
- Fill 12 oz. glasses with ice cubes.
- Add 2 Tbsp ginger syrup and squeeze lime wedge into glass.
- Top with soda water and stir to combine.
- Additional syrup can be added if needed.