Pan Roasted Garlic Lemon Swordfish
Swordfish has a host of health benefits that can help your heart, bones, nerves and muscles. Adding garlic and lemon to the dish adds even more benefits and flavor!
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
6 – 3 oz. fresh swordfish fillets, 1-inch thick
2 Tbsp avocado oil
2 Tbsp vegan salted butter, softened
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
8–9 cloves garlic, minced
1/6 tsp kosher salt, a little more for seasoning of fish
1/3 tsp freshly ground black pepper, a little more for seasoning of fish
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon peel, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place rack in middle position.
- In a small mixing bowl, add all the ingredients from vegan butter down.
- Stir well to combine and set aside.
- Pat dry swordfish fillets with paper towel.
- Season fillets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Using a large, oven proof pan over medium high heat, add avocado oil.
- Add swordfish to pan when oil is hot.
- Cook until fillets brown on one side. About 2-3 minutes.
- Don’t move fish to much while cooking.
- Flip fillets over to other side and turn stove off.
- Transfer pan to oven.
- Roast fish for 5-6 minutes. Top should be golden and just cooked through.
- Roughly 1 minute before fish is cooked, transfer ingredients from bowl to a small pan over medium high heat.
- Stir constantly until the butter has melted and has started to bubble.
- Remove fish from oven.
- Pour mixture over cooked fish.
- Spoon mixture over fish a few times and serve warm.