Dr. Nandi’s Aloo Gobi
Dr. Nandi's Aloo Gobi
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Large Potato cut into large chunks
- 1 Large Cauliflower cut into large chunks
- 1 Teaspoon Salt or to Taste
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper or to Taste
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 tsp Sugar
- In a large skillet (with a cover) heat the oil and brown the cumin seeds over medium heat for a minute.
- Add the potato and cauliflower, mixing often for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric, curry powder, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Stir and coat cauliflower and potato with spices. Saute for another few minutes adding a bit more oil or water if needed.
- Add one cup water and stir to coat evenly.
- Cover at medium heat, stirring for approximately 15 minutes.
- After potatoes and cauliflower are soft add 1/2 cup of frozen peas just to heat up approximately 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!