Dr. Nandi’s Veggie Chili
Dr. Nandi's Veggie Chili
- 1 Tbsp of organic olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp of dried oregano
- 3/4 Tbsp of salt
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 jalapeños peppers chopped
- 2 green bell peppers chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 6 oz of chopped green pickled chile peppers
- 24 oz of vegetarian burger crumbles
- 3 28 oz cans of whole peeled organic tomatoes, crushed
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 15 oz of kidney beans
- 15 oz of garbanzo beans
- 15 oz of black beans
- 15 oz of frozen whole kernel corn
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Cook and stir until onion is tender, then mix in the celery, green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and green chili peppers.
- When vegetables are heated through, mix in the vegetarian burger crumbles. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix the tomatoes into the pot. Season chili with chili powder and pepper.
- Stir in the 3 beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in corn and continue to cook for 10 more minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!