Dr. Nandi’s Asparagus, Snap Pea, & Avocado Pasta
Dr. Nandi's Asparagus, Snap Pea, & Avocado Pasta
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 lb. asparagus ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 lb. sugar snap peas strings removed
- 1 lb. bow-tie pasta farfalle
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ripe avocado halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint parsley, or basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or pecorino cheese plus more for serving, if desired
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook asparagus until bright green, about 2 minutes.
- Add snap peas; cook 30 seconds.
- With a slotted spoon or a small sieve, scoop out vegetables; transfer to a bowl.
- Return water to a boil; add pasta and cook until al dente, according to package instructions.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water; set pasta aside in colander.
- In pasta pot, melt 2 Tbsp butter over medium heat.
- Add asparagus, snap peas, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, tossing, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp butter, cooked pasta, avocado, herbs, cheese, and reserved pasta water.
- Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with additional cheese, if desired.
Find out why adding Asparagus to your diet will help make you your own Health Hero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Asparagus.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!