Dr. Nandi’s Avocado Hummus
Dr. Nandi's Avocado Hummus
- 1 15 oz can chick peas, well drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados cored and peeled (13 oz before cored and peeled)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil plus more for serving if desired
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tahini
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1 – 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves for topping
- Red pepper flakes for topping
- Pulse chick peas, olive oil, tahini, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (I did a scant 1/2 tsp salt and about 1/8 tsp pepper), add cumin and avocados and pulse mixture until smooth and creamy, about 1 – 2 minutes longer.
- Serve topped with more olive oil if desired and sprinkle with
- cilantro and red pepper flakes.
- Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips.
Find out why adding Hummus to your diet will help make you your own Health Hero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Hummus.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!