Dr Nandi Cough Drops
DR NANDI COUGH DROPS
It’s flu and cold season and you can soothe your sore throat with these tasty drops
- 1 cup raw organic honey
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/4 tsp fresh ginger finely grated
- In a medium saucepan over medium low heat, add the honey, lemon juice and ginger.
- Stir with a wooden spoon often.
- If you have a candy thermometer, heat the mixture to 300 F. If you don’t have one, test your mixture by taking some of the liquid and dropping it into a cold bowl of water. If it hardens, it is the proper temperature.
- Continue to stir and if the mixture begins to foam up, remove pan from heat to allow the foam to go back down.
- Watch for signs of honey burning, you may need to turn down heat.
- When the mixture is at desired temperature, remove from heat and set aside to allow for a slight thickening of the mixture.
- Using a silicon mat, drop a teaspoon of the mixture onto it and allow to cool.
- Drops should harden and get cool.
- When the drops are cold, dust with powdered sugar or ground cinnamon. This will stop the drops from sticking together.
- Store in a tight covered container and a cool dry environment.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!