Dr. Nandi’s Blackened Salmon Sandwich
Dr. Nandi's Blackened Salmon Sandwich
- 1 lb wild salmon fillet skinned, cut into 4 portions
- 2 tsp blackening or Cajun seasoning
- 1 small avocado pitted
- 2 Tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 4 crusty whole-wheat rolls split and toasted
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 plum tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Oil grill rack and preheat grill to high.
- Rub salmon on both sides with your seasoning of choice (cajun or blackening).
- Grill until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Mash avocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread some of the avocado mixture on each roll and top with salmon, arugula, tomato and onion.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!