Dr. Nandi’s Non Alcoholic Eggnog
Dr. Nandi's Non Alcoholic Eggnog
- 3 cups of 1% milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- sticks of cinnamon
- freshly grated nutmeg – for garnish
- Heat 2-1/2 cups milk in a medium saucepan.
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds; add the seeds and pod to the saucepan and simmer over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and cornstarch until it turns light yellow.
- Temper the eggs by gradually pouring the hot milk mixture, about 1 cup at a time, into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan.
- Place over medium heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the eggnog begins to thicken, about 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the remaining 1/2 cup milk to stop the cooking.
- Remove the vanilla pod, let it cool and transfer to a pitcher, chill until ready to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!